|SUNDAY, JULY 24 ? TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2005
MAUMEE BAY LODGE & RESORT, Oregon, OH
“THE CREATIVE LIFE: ROADMAPPING YOUR SUCCESS AS AN ART SHOW ARTIST”
We invite you to join us for a valuable line-up of workshops and discussions:
- Keynote Address (A refreshing and exciting speaker to be announced soon)
- Open for Business: Directors Share Insights into Running a Show
- Inroads to the Art Patron: A Panel Discussion with Art Collectors
- Scenic Overlook: An NAIA Strategic Planning Update
- Digital Workshop: Image Editing 101 (details)
- Technology Workshop: The Practical Artistic Applications of New Technology (details)
- Mapping your Way through an IRS Audit
- Fit for the Road: Portable Massage Techniques
- Intersecting Avenues: Exploring New Venues for Economic Success as an Artist
- The Joy of Creation
- The Successful Artist in the Booth Next Door: Personal Choices that Have Helped to Achieve their Goals
- Technology Workshop: Practical Applications of Image Editing Programs (details)
- Planning and Marketing for the Art Show Artist
- Mock Jury: You be the Judge: Evaluating Digital Images using a ZAPP Process Digital Jury
An 18 hole Scottish link golf course, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis, racquetball, indoor and out door volleyball courts, billiards, a sauna, miles of hiking trails, fishing, boating, basketball, a two and a half mile long wet lands boardwalk, and a sandy beach…
Networking with colleagues, talking with show directors, sharing input on the future of NAIA, and exchanging valuable information on topics that directly impact your profession…
YOU’LL DEFINITELY WANT TO ATTEND THE 2005 ARTIST CONFERENCE. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.
Dates: Sunday afternoon ? Tuesday late afternoon, July 24 – July 26, 2005
Location: Maumee Bay State Park Resort and Conference Center, Oregon, OH
- NAIA Members and Contributors: $160.00 – First Registration; $80.00 – Spouse or Assistant Registration, or second registration within the same office
- Non-Members: $215.00 – First Registration; $135 – Spouse or Assistant Registration, or second registration within the same office
- Workshops: Additional fees may apply depending upon workshop. Discounts available (see registration page.)Registration fees include special Sunday evening dinner, two catered breakfasts and lunches at Maumee Bay Resort and seminar materials.
- Maumee Bay Resort: Double occupancy – $155/night. Reservations are limited and must be made by calling Maumee Bay directly at 1-800-282-7275 (press 1 for rooms). Ask for a room under the NAIA block. This room block is held only until June 9, 2005. Make your reservations early.
- Other Lodging Options: A wide variety of lodging and pricing options are available at other area motels within a 15 minute drive of Maumee Bay.
- Camping: Deluxe Camping is available a stroll away from the Conference Center. For those of you interested in the option of camping, please note that this is a very popular vacation area, so reserve your space as soon as possible. Call 1-800-282-7275 (press 7 for camping) for reservations.
Silent Auction and NAIA Fundraiser: Good news! Following last year?s successful Silent Auction Fundraiser, we are again arranging for an auction to help support the NAIA, with some significant changes. We have been given permission by Maumee Bay to open this silent auction to all guests staying or visiting the lodge during our conference. Concurrent with our NAIA meeting, Maumee Bay is hosting a large medical conference. Additionally, other guests will be staying at the lodge. Opening the auction to bidding by other participants means:
- A wider audience that will see the auction artwork
- A larger bidding pool of individuals outside our own artist/contributor community
- Artists who contribute work may place a minimum bid on the work. Artists will receive their minimum on any work sold. Bid amounts over the minimum will benefit the NAIA and go into the NAIA’s general fund to promote the work of NAIA.Further information will be forthcoming soon about the Silent Auction and how you can participate! Be sure to check box if you are interested when you complete the registration. Also available on the PDF print registration form.
Activities for Children and Spouses: Maumee Bay State Park is a premiere vacation spot on the shores of Lake Erie, and is easily accessible to area attractions in the Toledo area. While you are attending the conference, there are many activities to stimulate their many interests. And all facilities at Maumee Bay Resort are open to conference participants. For further information, see Ohio Department of Natural Resources and Maumee Bay Resort.
Show Director Note: We welcome all show directors to attend this conference. Directors who attended last year?s conference reported that the conference was very informative and valuable to them. While most conference topics are geared toward artists, there will be many things that show directors will find of interest. The panel discussion on reaching out to and attracting art collectors to your show (see agenda) will be particularly focused toward show directors and will invite their active participation.
Preliminary Conference Agenda: Of course, the most important part of all of this is the agenda! To whet your appetite, here is the preliminary agenda. As this agenda is refined, we will update this page to keep you informed and eager.
(Please note that this is a tentative schedule only. We reserve the right to change times and topics.)